Roasted Corn: Boulevard Raspail Corn on the Cob #French Fridays with Dorie

Roasted Corn: Boulevard Raspail Corn on the Cob: Simple Living and Eating


My first mistake was inviting my new French boyfriend to the movie: The Natural. Do you remember this charming baseball movie? Well, Nicolas was sitting next to me in the theater with a glazed look on his face.

What's the matter? Don't you like the movie?

I don't know anything about baseball...it's an American game.

Oh, well have some popcorn.

Being a polite Parisian Nicolas gently refused my offer. Being an Italian-American I insisted he try some popcorn.

It's really good... not too salty just the right amount of butter.

I guess I pushed the limits of Nicola's politeness and he snapped at me, "I don't eat corn. Corn is for animals."

Don't eat corn how could this be? We feed corn to livestock too, but we enjoy it... especially on the cob in the summer.

When we first made corn cakes in this cooking group I was surprised that French people ate corn after my experience with Nicolas... maybe it's just Parisians? They, just like New Yorkers, are very different from the rest of their countrymen.

Well, I loved how simple this recipe was... just toss the corn, husks and all, in a 400 degree oven, turning it after 20 minutes for a total of 40 minutes. I wasn't expecting to be impressed... but my the corn was so succulent. Each bite just burst in my mouth... it really was perfectly cooked.

My family has asked me to forgo my microwave cooking of corn on the cob in favor of this technique and I will oblige... as for Nicolas (wherever he is now).. he just doesn't know what he is missing out on.


Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 


Click here to see how the other Dorista's did.






This post is being shared on the following food/craft parties. Please check them out: 

Tuesday Food:
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop @ Premeditated Leftovers
Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
In & Out of the Kitchen @ Feeding Big & More
Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen
Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef in Training
Tasty Tuesday # Lori's Culinary Creations

Wednesday Food:

Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain 
 Wednesday Whatsit @White Lights on Wednesday 
Fresh Foods Wednesdays @ Gastronomical Sovereignty
Show and Share @ Semi Homemade Mom
Wonderful Food Wednesdays at @ All She Cooks
Wednesday Extravaganza @ Hunger Little Girl
Wonderful Wednesdays @Ducks 'n a Row

Thursday Food:

Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Link it Up Thursday @ Seven Alive
Fantastic Thursday @ Three Little Chiefs
Thriving on Thursdays @ Domesblissity
Tasty Thursdays @ The Mandatory Mooch


Friday Food:

Foodie Friday @ Home Maid Simple
Freedom Friday @ My Turn
Friday Favorite (DYI too) @ Simple Sweet Home
Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm 
Weekend Wonders @ The Thriftiness Miss
Friday Food Frenzy @ Mostly Food and Crafts 
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club
Friday Linky Party @ The Pin Junkie 




Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter