Egg Paratha/Egg Roll




Egg paratha or egg roll is an easy, quick breakfast. Egg paratha is so easy to make if you have left over roti, some veggies and an egg. While growing up, I used to call it as egg roll, and amma used to packet it for lunch, she used to add chicken bits and cheese sometimes. I was one picky eater those days, and this way amma used to incorporate eggs and veggies in my diet...ahh! those were good old days..and terribly missing amma's food :(

Fast forward to present 2013; I make this for my kids, usually as a lunch box meal.....I wrap in a foil paper so that the roti retains its softness....sometimes when I am in no mood for an elaborate cooking, I make this with leftover rotis...its so quick and easy....you should try this :)


I am using only one egg and 2 rotis with little vegetables. I have used very minimal oil...sort of trying to reduce oil and cook low calorie food for everyday cooking.

Perfect breakfast or meal for your kids....your hubby....or just for you.
Pure whole wheat meal...with the goodness of egg and vegetables.

Author: Nisa Homey
Ingredients:
Egg: 1, lightly beaten.
Pepper powder: 1/2 tsp.
Tomato: 1 medium, chopped.
Onion: 1 medium, chopped.
Capsicum: 1/2, chopped.
Green chilly: 1, chopped.
Salt to taste.
A bit of oil to drizzle on the tawa or skillet.
Roti/Chappathi: 2 nos.

Method:
Break the egg into a bowl, add in salt and pepper powder, and lightly beat it. Meanwhile, heat tawa or iron skillet pan and simmer the fire.

Add the chopped vegetables to it and mix well.

Drizzle a bit of oil, (I used about 1/2 tsp); on to the tawa and pour half of the eggy mixture on to the tawa. Spread it lightly if needed with a spoon.

Immediately place a roti on top of it (no need to use hot roti, here I used leftover precooked refrigerated roti).Press down with a spatula...this for the egg to hold on to the roti while it is being cooked...wait for 1 or 2 min....remember fire is on low.

Then flip it over...that's it. Repeat the same with the other roti.....have you noticed though I called it a paratha it has very minimum oil....dieters are you listening??

Roll it and serve.

Notes: You can sprinkle grated cheese, boiled chicken bits or cubes and roll for that extra zing.
If you are packing this as a lunch box meal for your kids, do wrap it in a foil.

 Paratha Recipes:
Cheese Paratha.
Spinach/Palak Paratha.
Radish/Mooli Paratha.
Cauliflower/Gobi Paratha
Methi Paratha
How to make roti/Indian Flat Bread.
How to make Precooked Roti/Flat Bread.



P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter