Homemade Hershey's Chocolate Syrup Recipe....step by step.




My copycat version of Hershey's chocolate syrup is something I love to make often....this super simple and easy chocolate syrup is better than the store bought chocolate syrup because it is HOMEMADE!!. The good thing about homemade food is that it turns out to be just as good or better than the more expensive store-bought kind!!

Its no secret that I am a chocoholic and I passed that gene to my kids too......they say they are indebted to me for that :)  I am never strict with them around chocolates as long as it is made by me homemade , I do not favor processed food and try to avoid foods that contain high fructose corn syrup....and for these reasons, I make my chocolate syrup from scratch.

This chocolate syrup is so easy and simple that it's my son who makes it these days; and he was kind enough to make one for you last week before his summer vacations ended.

Oh! before I forget, the next time you buy chocolate syrup, pls take some time to check the ingredients list and compare it to my ingredients list.....seriously!!

This recipe is so simple that it can be made in less time than it would take to run to the store for the commercial one...

Now over to my son, Cheriyan

Note: Allow children to cook only under adult supervision.
Ingredients:
Cocoa powder: 1/2 cup preferably Hershey's, (Cadbury's will also work fine).
Sugar: 1 cup.
Water: 1 cup.
Vanilla essence: 1/2 tsp.
Salt: A fat pinch.

Method:
In a heavy bottomed pan, add 1 cup sugar.


Add 1/2 cup cocoa powder.


Add 1 cup water, salt, and vanilla essence. Mix well, there should not be any lumps.


Put the pan on fire and once it boils simmer for 5-7 minutes or until you get the syrup consistency. Switch off the fire and let it come to room temp. Bottle and refrigerate it. This will keep for up to 2 weeks if refrigerated.


Tips: Double the recipe when making otherwise you will have to make one batch again soon....coz this is so good and it will put all store bought chocolate syrups to shame.
If you kids are addicted to store bought ones and if you are worried that they will make a fuss;  pour this into an empty Hershey's bottle.....and then introduce it to them....wink wink!!

Enjoy the goodness of homemade chocolate syrup...drizzle over puddings, ice-creams, smoothies or make  hot chocolate.



Did you enjoy this recipe? then there are other recipe ideas to use this chocolate syrup, here are a few..

Quick Milk pudding.



Homemade Frappuccino


Cadbury's Chocolate Cake

Sharing with From the farm blog hop, Riverton housewives roundup, Tasty Thursdays, What's cooking love?
Catch a glimpse party, your creative time out party,  Show case your talent thursday, sharing Saturday, Weekend Wonders, Friday Flair Link party.


P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter